Inpatient Coding responsibilities may include but are not limited to: Coding of GI, Clinic, Radiation Oncology, Wounds, Inpatient specialty single and series accounts, Inpatient coding accordance with ICD10-CM Official Coding Guidelines. This position is accountable for accurate clinical and non-clinical information to create a database of information for billing purposes and reporting.
100% REMOTE POSITION
Job Type: Full-Time, Contract
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in ICD-10-CM coding and competency in outpatient specialty cases in an acute setting.
- Knowledgeable with ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes and CPT codes for the following specialty areas: GI Lab, Pain Clinic, Radiation Oncology, Wound Care, high cost drugs, as well as assigning infusion charges for observation and day surgery accounts.
- Knowledgeable and understanding of anatomy, physiology, medical terminology.
- Expert knowledge and experience in ICD-10-CM and CPT coding systems, G-codes, HCPCS codes, Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), modifiers, and Ambulatory Payment Classifications (APC).
- Must have experience in ICD-10-CM, CPT, APC and 3M Encoder.
- CCS or RHIA or RHIT certificate issued from AHIMA REQUIRED
- Associate’s Degree in Health Information Management or related field REQUIRED
- Remote work experience required.
Medical & Dental
Requested Time Off